Office Manager – Reno
Nevada Barricade & Sign Co, an InfraStripe Company
Since 2000, Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. has strived to become the leader in the highway technologies industry. With offices in Reno, Sparks, and Las Vegas, we are the premier highway specialty contractor in Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington. Nevada Barricade and Sign Co. prides itself on a culture of safety and excellence, and through that have created a dynamic and exciting atmosphere for all employees. We offer an extremely competitive salary and benefits package as well.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Research and creates presentations
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Develop administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- At least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
This position will be based in Reno, Nevada.
Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military service or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.