Business Manager – Reno
Nevada Barricade & Sign Co, an InfraStripe Company
Since 2000, Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. has strived to become the leader in the highway technologies industry. With offices in Reno, Sparks, and Las Vegas, we are the premier highway specialty contractor in Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington. Nevada Barricade and Sign Co. prides itself on a culture of safety and excellence, and through that have created a dynamic and exciting atmosphere for all employees. We offer an extremely competitive salary and benefits package as well.
Under the immediate direction of the Business Manager, this position will manage the overall fleet operations of the Las Vegas and Reno offices. This position will be responsible for maintaining the operational functions of all equipment in a safe and timely manner. Will also be responsible for directly supervising and coordinating activities of equipment repair and maintenance employees engaged in equipment service. Will analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains all construction equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment.
- May initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer by communicating with the Human Resource Department.
- Reviews applications, interviews job applicants on eligibility lists and prepares individual recommendations.
- Trains workers in construction methods and operational equipment.
- Approves leave requests, evaluates personnel performance and initiates disciplinary actions within the fleet division.
- Assigns work to employees.
- Directs and leads workers engaged in equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in carrying out department objectives.
- Analyzes and resolves worker problems and recommends motivational plans and communicates with the Human Resource Department
- Conducts safety meetings with workers on a weekly basis, or as needed.
- Reports information, such as personnel, production, or operational data, on specified forms or reports.
- Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and that schedules are adhered to.
- Assists workers engaged in repair and maintenance activities.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Orders parts for repairs and maintenance of equipment. Obtains Purchase Order numbers from accounting for each purchase. Gives authorization to subordinates to obtain purchase order numbers and ordering of parts.
- Maintain vendor relationships to get best prices on parts.
- Occasionally examines parts for damage and excessive ware, using micrometers and gauges.
- Occasionally welds broken parts and structural members.
- May travel to different job sites to make minor repairs to construction equipment to satisfy schedules.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Maintain Equipment files electronically in computer system.
- Maintain and review fuel purchases. Order replacement fuel cards as needed.
- Manages annual fleet maintenance budget and make recommendations for Capital Expenditures.
- Three (3) plus years in a Construction –Equipment Management Position
- Four (4) years of industry experience in construction equipment maintenance
- Personal Service – Ability to develop, train, and manage employees
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tool used for job, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Office Machines – Basic Knowledge of standard office machines (Copier, fax, computer, & phones)
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of new information and knowledge.
- Time Management- Manage one’s own time and the time of others
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This position will be based in Reno, NV with occasional travel.
Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military service or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.