Fleet Manager – Reno
Nevada Barricade & Sign Co, an InfraStripe Company
Since 2000, Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. has strived to become the leader in the highway technologies industry. With offices in Reno, Sparks, and Las Vegas, we are the premier highway specialty contractor in Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington. Nevada Barricade and Sign Co. prides itself on a culture of safety and excellence, and through that have created a dynamic and exciting atmosphere for all employees. We offer an extremely competitive salary and benefits package as well.
Under the immediate direction of the Fleet Manager, this position will maintain equipment operation by completing inspections and preventative maintenance requirements, correcting equipment deficiencies, making adjustments and keeping records of equipment and repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts. Assess, diagnose, and repair equipment with accuracy and speed. Travels to job sites to repair equipment in the field quickly and efficiently.
- Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems of generators, message boards, compressors, etc.
- Ensures equipment availability by completing preventive maintenance schedules, installing component and part upgrades, controlling corrosion, and completing winterization procedures efficiently and thoroughly.
- Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting and maintains equipment records by annotating services and repairs.
- Manages small parts inventory by counting stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Work to promote a safe workplace and ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed and assists with proper equipment usage.
- Demonstrates a consistent positive attitude to support a productive work environment. Cooperates, communicates and works well with coworkers. Treats all employees and customers respectfully.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment at all times and adheres to safety and security standards in the performance of all job duties, and immediately reports all safety hazards or incidents to a supervisor.
- Adheres to work rules and Company policies.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year technical school or equivalent preferred.
- Preferred experience in electrical diagnostics and past small equipment experience.
- Two (2) years of mechanic experience.
- Excellent diagnostic, analysis and problem assessment skills demonstrated by the ability to collect the necessary information to identify key issues and identify cause-effect relationships.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing all tasks.
This position will be based in Reno, NV with occasional local travel.
Nevada Barricade & Sign Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military service or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.